Friday, July 21, 2017

Rescues: 2012 Disney Store 17-Inch Singing Rapunzel

Hey guys. I told you I had a new exciting rescue to share, and here she is!!!!


 I found this 2012 singing rapunzel 17 inch doll at Goodwill yesterday. I was surprised to find one of these and she was in decent shape. Sadly, the only "before" pictures I got of her hair were taken on my iPad for snapchat so I'm unable to put them on my blog. Maybe I'll make a project post about her?? Idk . But let's just say her hair took me a while to comb through, it was rather tangled. (lol, pun not intended ;)

 Sorry these are sideways I had to turn the camera a different way to take full body pic of her. but here's a pic to show how long her hair is (above). It stops at her ankles. It's long enough to play with and make her recognizable as Rapunzel, but not too long where it's hard to manage. Although I recommend keeping it in a braid if giving it to a child who plays a little rougher with their toys.

 Here's a pic showing off her articulation. She has a good range of poses, but still very limited due to the wiring for the music. She can bend at the knees, elbows, and rotate at the hips and shoulders.

 She has a metal..uhh...thing on her right hand. You apply pressure and she sings a section of her song "When Will My Life Begin?" I tested her out, and she does sing, just not very well, this is due to age and she may need a change of batteries. These dolls take three button-cell batteries, which not very many people have lying around. I'm thinking about buying some to see if the playback improves. But I could end up wasting my money...hmmm....

 Here's a back view of her hair, to show the length. I braided some of it to keep it out of the way.

 Her knee joints are sort of worn out, so she kinda leans forward. 

 She can do the splits. 

 She has a little mark on her face but it's not very noticeable, it was really hard to get it on camera.

 She has a speaker on her upper back, and it's decorated with some swirls making a heart. I think it's a cute touch.

 I took a picture of her 2.89 price tag, I think I got a pretty good deal. Its hard to find these loose under 10.00 on eBay. 

 She can sit fairly well. Alot better than the jointed legs on the regular sized Disney story dolls with hinged knees.

 She can kneel pretty well. I think her braid helps her balance.

 She's really photogenic. I lover taking pictures of her, even though she's not the easiest to pose, and she can't stand on her own.

 She has an on/off switch on her left hip. 

 I didn't have any clothes for a doll this size, so I made her a quick little dress from one I had grown out of here recently. I think the blue floral print looks really nice on her.

 Another picture of her =^^=

 I decided to compare her with one of my other Disney Store Rapunzels. I only have two wedding ones at the moment. So here she is with my main one. It's so weird seeing the two different scales together. 

Pretty Cool, right? (lol, steven universe reference)





I  haven't had a Goodwill score in a while so I was so happy to find her for such a good deal. i really like the scale of these dolls because they aren't too small to sew clothes for and they arent so big that it takes too much material to make something.




ttfn, Katt

No comments:

Post a Comment