Thursday, July 14, 2016

Rescues: Flea Market Finds (June 11, 2016)

Today, we went to the flea market, and I didn't find anything up until we at the last couple rows of stalls. A woman had some varius toys laid out on a blanket. I first spotted a Monster High Dance Class Robecca Steam, who was missing an arm. Since I already had her, I decided against rescuing her, even though I could've customized her. I also spotted a few Lalaloopsy Silly Hairs, but nothing I was interested in, then my sister said she saw a Ghoulia. She pointed it out to me, and I noticed it was a Roller Maze Ghoulia, so I bought her. She was in decent condition, but her hair was messed up, and she came with only her dress (but that's enough to make her recognizable as roller maze ghoulia) She was only $1, so I got her. I also stumbled across a LalaLoopsy Littles Matey Anchors doll. I'm pretty sure he's a harder to find one (even harder to find now that he's an older doll). He was only $1, so I bought him as well.

Both dolls needed some cleaning up, so I cleaned them up.

Here's both of them.


Next, I want to start with Matey Anchors:

Here's the back of his head, you can see a few scuff marks and chipped paint, but nothing major.

He came with most of his outfit (he's missing his scarf, pet crab, and hat)

 ..but as you can see, his shorts are missing one button.

 ...but he came with both of his shoes :)

I aslo love how the lalaloopsy shoes are marked with left and right on the bottoms.

My dog decided to help me out with the reviewing :)



Here's Fukuoka, she was in rough shape, but her face was fairly clean.
She also had this mark on her face.
Her hair was a huge mess, but I  should be able to fix it.
It came in its original pigtails, but i will have to take them down to fix her hair.
She came in her original dress. That's all she came with.
I used just some water, a wire hairbrush (like for an American Girl doll), and some curlers. I like the plastic kind, because the foam rollers don't make very tight curls, and the hair alsways gets tangled up in them)
One half of her head in the rollers.....
A full head of rollers.
Since these are people-sized, it looks kind've funny.

Here is Matey Anchors, who I've renamed Oscar, with the rest of my LalaLoopsy Collection.
....and here's Ghoulia with my other two rescues: Dawn of The Dance, and Gloom Beach Clawdeen.
Here is Ghoulia's Hair after, it has a nice curl to it, and it isn't as wild anymore.

Thanks for viewing my blog. I'm trying to work on my other posts as well, so stay tuned! (if you want)


ttfn, Katt

No comments:

Post a Comment