Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Disney Store Frozen Fever Anna and Elsa Summer Solstice Giftset Review

This is my review of the Anna and Elsa two pack from the Disney Store.

It features Anna and Elsa in their Frozen fever outfits, the short
 movie about Anna's birthday party.(it played before Cinderella in the theaters)

Here's a closeup of each girl. They are really pretty. The Disney Store always does such
an excellent job on faces, especially with the Frozen dolls.
The beautiful Queen Elsa....

....And the lovely Princess Anna

So let's start with Elsa......



She is wearing a dark-ish green dress which is very pretty. Its also a very good representation of the movie dress. I like that elsa got a new outfit. She has a total of three outfits now (unless you count the purple dress she wears when the king and queen are leaving in the film......)
The dress features a jeweled neckline with both sewn-on and painted-on pink flowers.
I like the extra detail of the 3-D sewn on flowers.



She comes with her hair in its classic braid with loose tendrils of hair at the top. They are 
stuck in  place by a TON of styling product. It isn't going anywhere at the moment but 
hardcore play could eventually mess it up. I recommend not taking her hair down or washing the gel out (I have bad past experience with my classic elsa.)
She has a hairclip which is a purple flower and a snowflake morphed together, in a way.





Here's another closeup. She has darker lips than my classic elsa, and the colors in this dress compliment her skintone much better. For some reason, though, her eyes look a little wonked to me. Its like her one eye is looking somewhere different than the other. 
My classic elsa has the same "problem" (it isn't exactly a problem, it just kinda bugs me)


Here's a veiw of the back of her hair:

A full body view of the Elsa:
Her cape is magnficent.
Here's a closeup of her bodice and sparkly neckline. I love the shorter sleeves on this dress.....

Such pretty flowers....

A better look at the leafy pattern, sorry its sideways...


Here you can see the ombre effect on her skirt. I love it.

They gave her ice heels on this doll instead of slippers like the classic doll.

although they are very pretty, I prefer the slippers since they work better with
her flat feet and she can stand better in them. I suggest keeping them banded to her feet so they dont fall off and get lost.

Heres an overview of her cape. I love the mint green and the addition of pink flowers.

 Although her cape has gotten some wrinkles from the packaging and so has the skirt. Its not that big of an issue for me, although it might be for some.
Heres a picture of her with my classic Elsa:


classic elsa has gotten more than her share of playtime. her hair
is an absolute mess, thats partially my fault, since i took down her hair so
many times and washed the gel out. I usually just keep it in a braid and
twist the braid up in a bun.

There is something about this new elsa that is different. Its probably because she is new, but with her darker lips and with the color of her dress,
she looks a little healthier. 
           

                  As far as articulation goes, she has the 2012 style hinged knees and ankles,
                  I'm not a fan of these since they always end up in weird positions, and the
                   dolls cannot sit very ladylike. Their legs always end up splayed out.
Also, when I first got her, her left hip joint was stuck. It could only move the tiniest bit. I tried to push it a little farther than I thought it could go, and it popped back 
loose. (if anyone elsa has this problem this may work for you, too)


Now lets have a look at princess anna:
          She has a very sweet face, I love her crooked smile and her freckles.
         I pulled her bangs back to get a better view of her face. She has the same face as all past versions from the disneystore. (there may be some slight color variations, but this is the only Disneystore Anna I have)
                     Here's a profile veiw of her:
              Here you can get a better view of the ribbons in her hair, and the sunflower ornament.
               (I love all the little extra details on this doll, this is why I love the Disneystore)
Here's a closer look at the flower in her hair:
                           And here is a close up of the detailing on her vest. I love the little bumblebees
                       and the glitter on the edges.
                         although the vest looks kind of bulky on Anna, its still pretty cute, and very detailed.
       I also love the broach on her blouse.
                   Here is anna without her vest, I like her outfit better without it, to be honest.

i love the contrast of the deep blue and the cream color, and the red butterfly(?) on her 
dress, its very pretty. 

                             As you see, Anna is sporting a cute little bracelet, which was a birthday gift from Elsa in the frozen fever short.
                    It has a sunflower on one "bead"....
                         .....and snowflakes on the other two. It is rubber banded to her wrist, so if it were to be removed it could get easily lost.


Her skirt is a bright blue color with sunflowers, and is very full. 

                     As you can see, the back has been flattened due to being in the box, its not                           a problem at all, I am just pointing that out.
                 also you can see how the two bumble bees have made a reappearence....
                        The dress also has a nice detail: pockets :)
                       Anna's hands fit nicely, and they hopefully won't get stuck since the pockets
                  are just tubes of fabric that are not closed at the end. Also, you can see that the dress has
               a nice petticoat underneath. It helps keep the dress nice and full, and the yellow color works
               nicely for the outfit.

Anna has green-colored legs to look like tights. she also has 
black flat shoe, which are of the same mold as the classic elsa's blue ones.
The green tights aren't very versatile if you want anna to wear other outfits, but
they aren't that bad.

           anna has the same hinged knees as the 2012 princesses. Like I said earlier,
        I'm not really a fan of these, but they arent all that bad. They pose well.




                 So those were my thoughts on the dolls, I love them. I definitely reccomend
            them althought they have been out for a while, so have no dea how much                      longer  they'll be available. They are online for $34.95.
             

                  Here is a picture of Elsa keeping an eye on Anna and Kristoff......
               I think she is trying to intimidate him before him and anna go on their date.
Lol :)




ps. sorry this took so long to write but I 
finally got it finished!  :)
yay!




ttyl, Katt

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I just love the pic on the back of Anna's vest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! i just love all the extra thought the Disney Store puts into their dolls.

      Delete